In Christian symbolism the white lily symbolizes purity, chastity and innocence, notably representing the purity of the Virgin Mary. And, of course, the white lily is also the traditional flower of Easter.
This design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries, a period when ecclesiastical art, especially the stunning English needlework, was in its glory.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
Use this beautiful vintage design on fine vestments or any church linens.Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.56" W x 3.65" H with 5,964 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.62" W x 6.57" H with 14,964 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.17" W x 8.77" H with 25,192 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.67" W x 10.89" H with 41,674 stitches.
- This design has 4 thread colors.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.