The English translation of the Latin in this design is "Holy Mother, Pray for Us" from the Ave Maria (Salutatio Angelica), the prayer calling for the intercession of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
This design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries and were created specifically for embroidery on vestments and other church linens.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- This design is available for the 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 6.65" W x 2.11" H with 19,348 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 10.02" W x 3.18" H with 30,168 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 11.78" W x 3.74" H with 36,395 stitches.
- This design has 5 thread colors.
- This design is a continuous or repeating border.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.