Vintage Ecclesiastical Design 284
In Christian symbolism the three divided leaves of the clover leaf represent the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
This design was originally offered as an iron-on embroidery transfer in the mid to late 1800s in the The Embroidery Pattern Catalogue, published by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th and 14th centuries, a period when ecclesiastical art, especially the stunning English needlework, was in its glory.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
A beautiful vintage design for use on fine vestments or any church linens.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.11" W x 1.77" H with 3,076 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.53" W x 3.83" H with 8,640 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.46" W x 5.47" H with 24,272 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 8.80" W x 7.45" H with 42,938 stitches.
- This design has 1 thread color.
- This is a continuous or repeating border design.
- We recommend this design for experienced embroiderers.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.
- Instant Download!
- Thread chart included
- Product ID: 5087
- Price: $12.00