The Marian monogram in this design is topped by her crown and surrounded by white lilies that symbolize the purity, chastity, and innocence of the Virgin.
This design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries and were created specifically for embroidery on vestments and other church linens.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.29" W x 3.18" H with 7,455 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 5.11" W x 4.92" H with 12,831 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.33" W x 6.10" H with 17,717 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.90" W x 7.61" H with 25,574 stitches.
- This design has 8 thread colors.
- Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.