We manually digitized this beautiful design from a hand pattern that was originally created during the 13th
centuries, when ecclesiastical art was in its glory. Use it on fine vestment linens and communion linens.
This design is the triangular variation of a Cross Pattee or Cross Formee, crosses with splayed arm ends.
Crosses of this style are sometimes called Regeneration Crosses because they have eight points. One of the reasons the number eight is important to Christians is because Christ rose from the grave eight days after entering Jerusalem and so the number is associated with the rebirth of Jesus and baptism.
The eight points of the cross also represent the eight Beatitudes.Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.68" W x 2.88" H with 9,214 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.50" W x 4.85" H with 20,330 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.72" W x 6.16" H with 30,719 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.12" W x 7.67" H with 45,445 stitches.
- This design has 4 thread colors.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.