The winged Armenian Cross has a design where the lower shaft is often slightly longer than the arms and top and all four members have distinctive double tips, making eight points. These eight points represent the eight Beatitudes and are usually capped with small discs. The discs are known as suns, representing the light of Christ.
An ancient-Armenian historian suggested that the upper wing symbolizes love, the lower wing symbolizes modesty, the right symbolizes obedience and the left symbolizes patience.
This style of cross is also known as the Khachkar Cross or Siroun Cross.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.12" W x 3.17" H with 3,757 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.48" W x 6.69" H with 15,128 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.96" W x 8.89" H with 26,037 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.40" W x 11.05" H with 38,587 stitches.
- This design has 1 thread color.
- Need it even larger? This design is also available for a 450mm x 475mm hoop in DST and EXP formats. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.