The Chi Rho Symbol is an ancient Christian symbol, a Christogram made by overlaying the initial two letters (in capital) of the Greek word 'Christos' meaning 'Christ'. Pronounced as 'KEE-roe', the monogram looks to have been formed with the English alphabets X and P.
In fact, it is the Greek alphabet 'chi' that resembles X and 'rho' that looks like P. The Chi Rho symbol represents both Christ and Christianity and exists today in several variations.
It is also behind the practice of abbreviating 'Christ' in Christmas to 'X'.
Source - Ancient-Symbols.com
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.04" W x 3.04" H with 2,488 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.48" W x 6.63" H with 13,968 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.79" W x 8.56" H with 21,264 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.28" W x 10.76" H with 32,675 stitches.
- This design has 1 thread color.
- Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
- Need it even larger? This design is also available for a 450mm x 475mm hoop in DST and EXP formats. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.