At Mass a priest wears a long narrow vestment around his neck with the ends hanging down in front.
A deacon wears a similar vestment, but in a different manner: diagonally from his left shoulder to his right side. The stole came into use about the 4th
century and its form was gradually modified until it became a narrow strip.
Some historians say it was the court uniform of Roman judges and was adopted by the Church to denote the authority of her ministers.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4" and 5" x 7" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.28" W x 3.77" H with 3,028 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.13" W x 6.83" H with 9,351 stitches.
- This design has 3 thread colors.
- This design is also available in a smaller size. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.