The symbol most associated with St. Florian is the Maltese Cross, commonly known as St. Florian's Cross.
It is used the world over as an insignia for fire departments and firefighters, since St. Florian is their patron saint. The cross is made up of four V-shaped arms, giving it eight points on the outside edge.
Crosses of this design have been used since around the First Crusade in 1096. The design is said to symbolize the eight points of courage: loyalty, piety, bravery, frankness, glory and honor, no fear of death, compassion toward the sick and poor, and respect for the church.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4" hoop.
- The sewn out size is 3.14" W x 3.15" H with 7,353 stitches.
- This design has 1-6 thread colors.
- We have provided color stops in this design for each element and the text to allow for versatility in thread color application.
- The image is shown in 1 color.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.