The winged Armenian Cross has a design where the lower shaft is often slightly longer than the arms and top and all four members have distinctive double tips, making eight points. These eight points represent the eight Beatitudes and are usually capped with small discs. The discs are known as suns, representing the light of Christ.
An ancient-Armenian historian suggested that the upper wing symbolizes love, the lower wing symbolizes modesty, the right symbolizes obedience and the left symbolizes patience.
This style of cross is also known as the Khachkar Cross or Siroun Cross.
- This design is available in DST and EXP formats only.
- This design is available for the 17.72" x 18.70" (450mm x 475mm) hoop.
- The sewn out size is 11.94" W x 17.81" H with 94,663 stitches.
- This design has 1 thread color.
- Do not order unless you have a hoop or hooping system that can accommodate this design.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.