The Order of Christ Cross (Portuguese: Cruz da Ordem de Cristo), frequently simply referred to as the Christ Cross (Cruz de Cristo), is the emblem of the historical Portuguese Order of Christ and of the Papal branch of the same Order. Later, it also become the emblem of the Brazilian branch of the Order of Christ.
As the Order of Christ, led by Prince Henry, the Navigator, a leading developer of the Portuguese Discoveries, the Christ Cross was used on the sails of the Portuguese caravels, carracks and other ships involved in the exploration of the seas. Because of this, the emblem was forever associated with the Portuguese discoveries, making it one of the main symbols of the discoveries and of the Portuguese Overseas Empire.
It has since become a generic Portuguese and Brazilian emblem.
Source - Wikipedia
- This design is available in DST and EXP formats only.
- This design is available for the 17.72" x 18.70" (450mm x 475mm) hoop.
- The sewn out size is 17.15" W x 17.16" H with 241,743 stitches.
- This design has 2 thread colors.
- Do not order unless you have a hoop or hooping system that can accommodate this design.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.