Luke the Evangelist is one of the Four Evangelists—the four traditionally ascribed authors of the canonical Gospels. The Early Church Fathers ascribed to him authorship of both the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, which would mean Luke contributed over a quarter of the text of the New Testament, more than any other author.
In the two books he shows the parallel between the life of Christ and that of the Church. He is the only Gentile Christian among the Gospel writers and wrote as a Gentile for Gentile Christians. Tradition holds him to be a native of Antioch, and Paul calls him "our beloved physician." His Gospel was probably written between 70 and 85 A.D.
The Roman Catholic Church and other major denominations venerate him as Saint Luke the Evangelist and as a patron saint of artists, physicians, bachelors, surgeons, students and butchers. His feast day is October 18.
Source - FranciscanMedia and Wikipedia
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.88" W x 3.65" H with 19,441 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.46" W x 5.63" H with 36,784 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.87" W x 7.39" H with 56,903 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.38" W x 9.34" H with 81,936 stitches.
- This design has 11 thread colors.
- Due to the complexity of this design there are numerous color changes.
- We recommend this design for experienced embroiderers.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.