▶ View Detailed Description
This IHS Christogram design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th and 14th centuries and were created specifically for embroidery on vestments and other church linens.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- Wheat represents prosperity and fruitfulness.
- Cross & Crown symbolizes the reward in heaven.
- Grapes represent the fruitfulness of Christian life.
- A lovely Christogram in the center.
- This design is available in DST and EXP formats only.
- This design is available for the 17.72" x 18.70" (450mm x 475mm) hoop.
- The sewn out size is 18.09" W x 13.79" H with 133,605 stitches.
- This design has 7 thread colors.
- Do not order unless you have a hoop or hooping system that can accommodate this design.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.