The Order of Christ Cross (Portuguese: Cruz da Ordem de Cristo), frequently simply referred to as the Christ Cross (Cruz de Cristo), is a Templar Cross and is the emblem of the historical Portuguese Order of Christ and of the Papal branch of the same Order. Later, it also become the emblem of the Brazilian branch of the Order of Christ.
As the Order of Christ, led by Prince Henry, the Navigator, a leading developer of the Portuguese Discoveries, the Christ Cross was used on the sails of the Portuguese caravels, carracks and other ships involved in the exploration of the seas. Because of this, the emblem was forever associated with the Portuguese discoveries, making it one of the main symbols of the discoveries and of the Portuguese Overseas Empire.
It has since become a generic Portuguese and Brazilian emblem.
Source - Wikipedia
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.98" W x 2.98" H with 8,473 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.72" W x 4.72" H with 20,144 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.07" W x 6.08" H with 32,983 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.57" W x 7.57" H with 50,040 stitches.
- This design has 2 thread colors.
- Need it even larger? This design is also available for a 450mm x 475mm hoop in DST and EXP formats. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.