This is one of the most widely used of all symbols of our Lord’s Resurrection.
According to legend, this bird lives to an age of four or five hundred years. Then it gathers a nest of sweet smelling twigs and spices that are set on fire by the heat of the sun, and the fire consumes the Phoenix. Out of the ashes the bird rises again, reborn to live another five hundred years.
The symbolism is two-fold: it may pertain to the Resurrection of our Lord, or it may signify the fact that those who fall asleep in Christ shall rise again to newness of life.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.06" W x 3.75" H with 15,674 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.08" W x 5.02" H with 24,040 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 6.26" W x 7.70" H with 47,623 stitches.
- This design has 9 thread colors.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.