Digitized from a hand pattern originally created during 17th century, this beautiful design features Hellebore foliage and flowers commonly known as the Christmas Rose.
The legend of the Christmas Rose is about a poor young girl named Madelon who wanted to worship the Christ Child. Seeing the gold, frankincense and myrrh brought by others, she despaired that she had no gift to bring.
She searched the countryside for a flower that she might bring, but the winter had been cold and harsh and there were no flowers to be found. Madelon began to weep. An angel passing over her stopped to provide comfort and struck the ground that was wet from her tears causing a beautiful bush that bloomed of rose-like flowers to spring up.
"No gold, no frankincense, no myrrh," said the angel, "is as precious, or as fitting a gift for the Prince of Peace as these pure blooms that are born from the pure tears of love, faith and devotion."
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.87" W x 3.84" H with 15,090 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.82" W x 4.79" H with 21,679 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.02" W x 5.98" H with 32,938 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.50" W x 7.45" H with 49,221 stitches.
- This design has 6 thread colors.
- Need it even larger? This design is also available for a 450mm x 475mm hoop in DST and EXP formats. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.