(Click image to enlarge)
This design represents the Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, a traditional prayer for Anglican Catholics. The officiant takes the Blessed Sacrament from the tabernacle and puts It in a monstrance on the altar. The hymn is sung while the Blessed Sacrament is honored with incense.
The English translation of the Latin in this design is: "Let us adore for eternity the Most Holy Sacrament."
This beautiful ecclesiastical design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries and were created specifically for embroidery on vestments and other church linens.Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.86" W x 3.85" H with 16,478 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.87" W x 4.85" H with 22,068 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.13" W x 6.11" H with 30,684 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.62" W x 7.59" H with 41,666 stitches.
- This design has 8 thread colors.
- Need it even larger? This design is also available for a 450mm x 475mm hoop in DST and EXP formats. Click here for more information.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.