(Click image to enlarge)
This beautiful cross has wonderful symbolism: The wheat is the symbol of prosperity and fruitfulness, the lily symbolizes purity and innocence and the trefoil on the budded cross's arms represent the Trinity.
This design is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries and were created specifically for embroidery on vestments and other church linens.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.81" W x 3.74" H with 20,961 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 5.02" W x 4.93" H with 28,256 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.26" W x 6.15" H with 36,927 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.69" W x 7.83" H with 49,319 stitches.
- This design has 7 thread colors.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.