In spite of centuries of evolution and change, the Rosary's Irish origins are still evident.
The number of Hail Marys in the Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious mysteries still total 150 - the exact number of psalms chanted by the early Irish monks in their monasteries, and answered by the faithful Irish outside in a responsorial pattern that became today's most popular form of devotion.
What began as 150 rocks in a bag and then 150 knots in a rope is now one of the most beautiful devotion icons.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4" and 5" x 7" hoops.
- The sew out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 1.78" W x 3.81" H with 7,081 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 3.17" W x 6.94" H with 10,393 stitches.
- This design has 3 thread colors.
- Some minor details have been edited out of the design for the 4" x 4" hoop due to size restriction.
- Use silver metallic thread for the chain for a stunning embroidery!
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.