This historic design was originally offered as an iron-on embroidery transfer in the mid to late 1800s in the The Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, published by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries, a period when ecclesiastical art, especially the stunning English needlework, was in its glory.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
A beautiful vintage design for use on fine vestments or any church linens.Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.18" W x 3.20" H with 16,540 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.85" W x 4.88" H with 33,688 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.06" W x 6.09" H with 50,862 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.58" W x 7.63" H with 80,390 stitches.
- This design has 4 thread colors.
Purchase the designs pictured below to create a traditional ecclesiastical set with complementary styles and themes.
When embroidered on liturgical linens such as vestments, communion and mass sets, you will create truly beautiful linens with matching design styles.
Suggested Complementary Designs
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.