Intricate and colorful, this design was created as a continuous or repeating border specifically for vestments.
It was offered as an iron-on embroidery transfer in the mid to late 1800s in the The Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, published by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries, a period when ecclesiastical art, especially the stunning English needlework, was in its glory.
- This design is available for the 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.02" W x 6.53" H with 17,105 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 4.92" W x 6.21" H with 24,120 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 6.16" W x 7.77" H with 35,032 stitches.
- This design has 13 thread colors.
- This design is a repeating or continuous border.
- We recommend this design for experienced embroiderers.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.