(Click image to enlarge)
Though grapes have many meanings in Christian symbolism, the grapevine and its branches specifically represent the union of the believers with Christ.
This continuous border design was created specifically for vestments and is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand-drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.69" W x 1.34" H with 6,430 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 6.46" W x 2.34" H with 12,734 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 9.76" W x 3.53" H with 25,012 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 11.57" W x 4.18" H with 33,337 stitches.
- This design has 3 thread colors.
- This is a continuous or repeating border design.
- We recommend this design for experienced embroiderers.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.