St. Clement's Altar Guild Vestment Lily
⯈ View Detailed Description
This beautiful lily design is from a collection from the St. Clement's Church Altar Guild in Philadelphia, PA. It was a working altar guild in the late 19th and early part of the 20th centuries. They not only created vestments for their own parish but took orders for and made vestments for the entire United States.
They had several expert embroideresses and members of the guild were trained by them.
The ladies were paid 25 cents an hour to work with the guild.
Sincere thanks to John L. for allowing us to offer this historical design to the machine embroidery community.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 3.00" W x 3.82" H with 8,745 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 5.05" W x 6.44" H with 20,149 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 6.17" W x 7.87" H with 28,908 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.79" W x 9.94" H with 44,542 stitches.
- This design has 7 thread colors.
- Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.