James, sometimes called James the Greater, is the brother of John the Evangelist. The two were called by Jesus as they worked with their father in a fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee. Jesus had already called another pair of brothers from a similar occupation: Peter and Andrew. "He walked along a little farther and saw James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They too were in a boat mending their nets. Then he called them. So they left their father Zebedee in the boat along with the hired men and followed him" (Mark 1:19-20).
James was one of the favored three who had the privilege of witnessing the Transfiguration, the raising to life of the daughter of Jairus, and the agony in Gethsemani. He was apparently the first of the apostles to be martyred when King Herod had him killed by sword 44 AD in Jerusalem.
Saint James the Apostle is the Patron Saint of: Spain, Chile, Laborers, Nicaragua and Rheumatism and his Feast Day is July 25.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 2.70" W x 3.89" H with 22,119 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 4.72" W x 6.78" H with 51,414 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.79" W x 8.31" H with 71,750 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 7.47" W x 10.72" H with 110,805 stitches.
- This design has 11 thread colors.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.