The Consecration Cross, also called a Rounded Cross, takes several forms but they are all cross-shaped geometric patterns. The arms of this version are splayed, known in heraldry as pattee.
Twelve Consecration Crosses were carved or painted on the walls, pillars or altars when churches were built in medieval times; each cross representing one of the twelve apostles. The crosses were positioned at the various places that had been anointed with blessed water or chrism during the consecration of the building.
- This design is available in DST and EXP formats only.
- This design is available for the 17.72" x 18.70" (450mm x 475mm) hoop.
- The sewn out size is 16.65" W x 16.87" H with 270,470 stitches.
- This design has 2 thread colors.
- Do not order unless you have a hoop or hooping system that can accommodate this design.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.