The Chi Rho Symbol is an ancient Christian symbol, a Christogram made by overlaying the initial two letters (in capital) of the Greek word 'Christos' meaning 'Christ'. Pronounced as 'KEE-roe', the monogram looks to have been formed with the English alphabets X and P.
In fact, it is the Greek alphabet 'chi' that resembles X and 'rho' that looks like P. The Chi Rho symbol represents both Christ and Christianity and exists today in several variations.
It is also behind the practice of abbreviating 'Christ' in Christmas to 'X'.
Source - Ancient-Symbols.com
- This design is available in DST and EXP formats only.
- This design is available for the 17.72" x 18.70" (450mm x 475mm) hoop.
- The sewn out size is 12.28" W x 18.13" H with 86,813 stitches.
- This design has 1 thread color.
- Do not order unless you have a hoop or hooping system that can accommodate this design.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.